Carlson Settings Explorer / Draw Standards / CAD Standards

Moderator: Carlson Support

Carlson Settings Explorer / Draw Standards / CAD Standards

Postby phoongod » Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:05 am

I've got the enjoyable task of switching over my companies computers from Carlson 2008 to Carlson 2010. As of right now I've got it installed on everyone's computer, but they're instructed not to use it until I have all the setting ironed out.

One problem I've ran into is standardizing everyone's settings in all of the routines. I was under the impression that Carlson Settings Explorer would handle all of the setting of each sub-routine.

So the first sub-folder within the Settings Explorer is **SURFACE routine and for the life of me, I can't seem to find the option that allows me to name the layer of the Triangulation Lines/Faces. I'm well aware of how to change these within the sub-routine, but not within the Settings Explorer. Is there a way to do this within Settings Explorer? Or maybe a way outside of Settings Explorer where I could copy some sort of configuration file to each desktop?

Additionally I see the new Draw Standards button and these seems like an extremely powerful tool. Has anyone had the chance to set this up? Any tips/tricks/comments?

This is the first time I've personally tried to setup a company wide standard for CAD so if anyone has 2 cents they would like to add, I would much appreciate it.
phoongod

Re: Carlson Settings Explorer / Draw Standards / CAD Standar

Postby DaveG » Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:54 am

phoongod wrote:I can't seem to find the option that allows me to name the layer of the Triangulation Lines/Faces. Is there a way to do this within Settings Explorer?

It appears you are correct. Those settings reside in the the TRI4.ini file and it doesn't seem to be in the settings explorer ini list.

You can also save those settings as a .tri file from the "triangulate and contour" dialog.
DaveG

Return to Survey