etransmit error

Moderator: Carlson Support

etransmit error

Postby seng1 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:55 pm

I'm having a problem etransmitting drawings: When I hit "okay" to etransmit a drawing, I get a Carlson Software Message popup box that says
"*Error*: OpenDict-getNamedObjectsDictionary() returned ELockViolation"

I am using Carlson Survey 2010 and my company just upgraded from Autocad Map 2007 to Map 2010. I never had this problem in map 2007, just started after we upgraded to 2010. Perhaps this is a question better posed to the autocad discussion groups, but I thought since it was a carlson software message I'd try here first.

I use etransmit enough that this is an aggravating problem! :?
Any ideas/suggestions would be appreciated!
seng1

update

Postby seng1 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:20 pm

I seem to have narrowed the problem down with etransmitting jpegs, but beyond that I'm still stumped.
Any thoughts or ideas from anyone out there would be great!
seng1

ETRANSMIT available with embedded AutoCAD?

Postby cujo » Thu May 06, 2010 3:41 am

This particular forum is for the Calrson Survey version that comes with an embedded AutoCAD engine, right?

I would really like some way to quickly and efficiently package all the fonts, xrefs, etc into a directory or zip to send to a client.

Is this etransmit something I'm missing in my version of AutoCAD? is there something comprable in the Carlson menus?
:?:
Take care,

Rich

Carlson Survey 2010 Standalone
Allegro CX SurvCE 2.5
Leica 1203 Robots
Leica DNA Level
Sokkia SDL Levels
cujo

Postby site admin » Thu May 06, 2010 6:11 pm

This appears to be an Acad error. You may want to check the Autodesk help forums for similiar cases or start a new one for assistance. Sorry I couldn't be more help.
site admin
Site Admin

Postby site admin » Thu May 06, 2010 6:13 pm

cujo,

This is one of the items that Autodesk took out of the OEM version (embedded acad) prior to sending to us to load our software on it.
site admin
Site Admin

etransmit alternative

Postby cujo » Thu May 06, 2010 8:58 pm

Thanks for the response on etransmit with regard to embedded AutoCAD.

So Carlson has nothing similar to replace this feature? It would seem a simple routine to gather the drawing dependencies and write them to a subfolder with the drawing.

It's constantly an issue with people asking us to send a missing font or shape file. Sometimes we forget an xref, and even if we don't it's a hassle to manually have to collect them all.

Thanks.
Take care,

Rich

Carlson Survey 2010 Standalone
Allegro CX SurvCE 2.5
Leica 1203 Robots
Leica DNA Level
Sokkia SDL Levels
cujo

Postby seng1 » Thu May 06, 2010 10:11 pm

Thanks for the input, bharris! I didn't realize this was a forum for stand-alone survey. I will check with autodesk.
seng1

Return to Survey