"Please run GIS Settings!" Error

Moderator: Carlson Support

"Please run GIS Settings!" Error

Postby MBourque » Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:39 pm

Hello, I am seeming to have a complication when taking a shape file from the Environmental Interest Locator provided by ANR. (http://maps.vermont.gov/imf/sites/ANR_NATRESViewer/jsp/launch.jsp?popup_blocked=true). I am able to save the file from ANR as a SHP file, however when I attempt to bring the SHP file into my drawing I get the error "Please run GIS Settings!". I was unable to find info on this error. Can someone help?
MBourque

GIS Database Settings

Postby jhenning » Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:02 pm

What I have found that you have to do is select a template mdb file. In doing this create a new. When you select the output database, select the same file that is the template database. In other words both the template and output are the same file. This should allow you to bring in the shapefile.
jhenning

Postby emorse4487 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:53 pm

More specifically; Load the GIS menu:

GIS Data > GIS Database Settings

From GIS Settings click Select Template MDB File

Assuming you don't have a predefined GIS Template, then select "New Access 2000 Database"

Create the database and save it in your project's folder.

Click Select Output MDB File

Navigate to the file you just created in the previous step.

Click Exit.

When you process the shape file it will import all of the entities and store them within this database. Let me know if it works...
Eric J. Morse, P.E.
MEC Industries, LLC
emorse4487

Postby MBourque » Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:28 pm

Fixed, emorse4487 that worked perfectly thank you!
MBourque

Postby emorse4487 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:38 pm

Glad it worked out. Not sure about your data, but all the shp files we get from MassGIS are in meters. This makes working on state plane problematic. Depending on what you're doing, you may need to do a coordinate transformation. If you're finding that the data isn't working out and you need to do the transformation let me know and I can e-mail some directions to you that I got from another guy here on the forum.
Eric J. Morse, P.E.
MEC Industries, LLC
emorse4487

Return to Survey