Translate Points

Moderator: Carlson Support

I translate and rotate points in 2010

Poll ended at Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:08 am

No Probelms as described (all points always)
75%
Same Problem as described (not all points sometimes)
25%

Total votes : 4

Translate Points

Postby cujo » Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:08 am

When I heard this issue internally at our office I thought for sure it was user error or specific to a particular system. I did not think something so basic or important could be a current known issue.

I recently experienced it on my own computer and another user has as well, so now, after searching the forum for any other's indication I'm going to ask:

Is anyone during translating or rotating points finding that only some of the points are being acted upon? Regardless of using a point group or a range, we're getting back notices like (17 points translated) when the selection set included 25. Dropping back to 2008 and the command works perfectly.

We don't move points around much in CAD, we process our surveys in StarNet. But some jobs or tasks just seem to call for it and the error is completely unpredicatable. Sometimes, in the same drawing it acts on all the points, and then inexlicably it later only moves some of them.

Is anyone else experiencing this? I haven't been able to set up an easy to show process yet, but i'll be happy to try and do one. I'd also be interested in hearing if folks are translating points with abandon and having no troubles.

We are using the most recent patch of 2010 as far as we know. One update form the originally issued version.

:?
Take care,

Rich

Carlson Survey 2010 Standalone
Allegro CX SurvCE 2.5
Leica 1203 Robots
Leica DNA Level
Sokkia SDL Levels
cujo

Postby Nava Ran » Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:22 am

Range of Points all and Description Match *
works for me
Nava Ran

Postby jahco@aol.com » Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:58 pm

We have had the same problem with "Align". On 2009 version always worked, no problem. Now with 2010 we find that some points and line work moves, but not all.

Have not figured it out completely but recent job I did align First after all points brought in; no line work yet. All points moved fine.

On a job before that, I did align after lots of line work and general cad stuff. This time only some of the points moved and it was a mixed bag the line work. I think there may be something in the reactors that leaves artifacts. Still working through this and don't yet know enough to ask the right questions to support staff.
John
jahco@aol.com

Translate/Rotate Points .... KNOWN ISSUE

Postby cujo » Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:49 pm

We've sent a complete step-thru of the problem, including drawing file, CRD, point history, etc.

We've been told that his is a "known issue". It occurs where there are gaps in the point numbers, but then, only on "some" systems with no indication as to why.

I seem to have these "some" systems in my office as I can replicate the problem on more then half of my 8 installations. As for the other ones, just haven't tried.

We've been told we could have patch for the issue by noon tomorrow.

Good to know it wasn't something we were doing wrong. As I stated before, it was only a 2010 problem ... we had to always go back to 2008 to get it to work on exactly the same dwg and crd files.
Take care,

Rich

Carlson Survey 2010 Standalone
Allegro CX SurvCE 2.5
Leica 1203 Robots
Leica DNA Level
Sokkia SDL Levels
cujo

Translate/Rotate Points .... KNOWN ISSUE

Postby cujo » Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:57 pm

Patch works great ... all systems go.
Take care,