Quick Keys

Moderator: Carlson Support

Quick Keys

Postby Dent Cermak » Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:20 pm

Quick Keys are editable in all versions of Carlson except the stand alone. Why? This really needs to be fixed. The "available" quick keys are poor and some listed in the help file are incorrect and/or non-functional.
Why on earth would you have a quick key for "Block", ""Wblock", "Occupy point"? Quick keys are supposed to be for heavily used functions. How often do I need to create a block? The answer is not 9 or 10 times a drawing session. BUT I do need to "Insert" a block several times in a drawing. Hmmmm. No Quick Key. I do need to edit text often (DDEDIT). Hmmmm. No Quick Key.
CP is shown for "Copy". Nope, doesn't work. The CO that is supposed to be Color is actually the copy quick key. The same is true for RE and RG. RE is regen, RG does nothing. Also UN and UT. UN is units, UT does nothing.
Guys, the speed of Carlson is saving me a lot of money, but I am losing a bunch of that profit because the "Quick keys" are slowing me down. Is there some way this file can be made editable and customiseable, like in all the other versions. Please.
Dent Cermak

Quick Keys

Postby jhenning » Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:32 am

You can use the acad.pgp file that comes with a standard autocad install. You must rename it to "SURV.pgp" and place this in the support directory as follows:

C:\Documents and Settings\yourname\Application Data\Carlson Software\Carlson Survey 2010\R2010\enu\Support\surv.pgp

You can edit this document as a text file and replace any of the commands that carlson uses with your own customized commands.

I hope this helps.
jhenning

Postby Dent Cermak » Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:56 pm

DUDE!! That's just awesome!! :shock: This idea needs to become part of Carlson's Knowledge base!! But then, I guess that's what these forums are for.
I cannot thank you enough for your help. Maybe, one day in the future, I will be able to help you as much, Thanks again!! 8)
Dent Cermak

Carlson 2009

Postby tolinghous » Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:03 pm

Does anyone know where to place the surv.pgp in Carlson 09?

this path doesnt exist

C:\Documents and Settings\yourname\Application Data\Carlson Software\Carlson Survey 2010\R2010\enu\Support\surv.pgp

Thank you
tolinghous

Thanks To Jhenning

Postby tolinghous » Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:02 pm

C:\Users\Yourname\AppData\Roaming\Carlson Software\Carlson Survey 2009\R2009\enu\Support

is the path for windows 7 and Carlson 2009
tolinghous

Postby Dent Cermak » Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:15 pm

That should work for Carlson Survey 2010-2012 also. The previous listing was for Windows XP. The new setting will probably work fine until they come out with the next Windows what-ever. Then we will get to hunt for it again.
Dent Cermak

Return to Survey