Why doesn't the Legal Description Writer play nice?

Moderator: Carlson Support

Why doesn't the Legal Description Writer play nice?

Postby Slim » Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:37 pm

When using the Legal Description Writer (which is very useful) it resets certain variables. Why does it not reset those variables back to what they where. This means that if a line is listed using the list command, it will return an incorrect bearing.

The variables that are reset when using Legal Description Writer, that have been discovered so far are: ANGBASE, SNAPANG and UCSAXISANG.

If there is a setting that will automatically reset these variables, please respond with that information, knowing what it is would be very helpful.

PLEASE, have your programmers check what is going on before a command is run so that things are put back the way they were when it finishes. If you don't, you get frustrated users that lose more time putting things back to a useful mode than is saved by using the command.
Slim

Postby site admin » Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:08 pm

Please copy this information and paste it in an email to support@carlsonsw.com so I can send it up to our programming staff for a closer look. Please include the following:

-Content in this post
-Your name and contact information (Phone/email)
-Version of Carlson (2010,2011) and if you are running it on Acad, IntelliCad or the Embedded Acad engine
-(build XXXXXX) from the Help>About Carlson dialog

Thank you.
site admin
Site Admin

Postby Slim » Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:52 pm

Dent took care of it for me Thanks.
Slim

Postby Dent Cermak » Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:12 am

We were told that Carlson was aware of this problem and that it was fixed in the latest build. The latest build on this web site is October 1, 2010. Monday, we got in a new copy of Carlson Survey 2010, AutoCad embedded that is dated September 30, 2010. ONE DAY prior to the latest build! And the problem is still there! You mean to tell me that I missed the fix by ONE DAY??!! :shock: Really? :roll: Why do I find this hard to believe? :wink:
Dent Cermak

Postby Dent Cermak » Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:31 pm

A fix to this problem has been issued. Judging by the responses to this issue here, no one else has this problem and that is a good thing. Should this problem suddenly arise in your software, send me an email and I will send you the fixes.
Dent Cermak

Postby Dent Cermak » Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:37 pm

The fix worked GREAT for the base angle problem, BUT it totally blows up labeling coordinate values under "annotation". :shock:
The earlier problem is easier to fix than the scrambled, rotated coordinate values, so I dumped the fix and put the original files back.
(Here's a GOOD HINT for when you get "corrected files" from anyone: SAVE THE ORIGINAL FILES THAT YOU ARE ABOUT TO OVERWRITE" or tell the software to not overwrite, but rename the file. That saved a lot of heartache in this case. :oops: )
OK Carlson Programming Gurus, back to the drawing board!!
:roll:
Dent Cermak

Return to Survey