Horizontal Angle

Moderator: Carlson Support

Postby ColC » Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:54 pm

I am unfamiliar with the term "irons" . Being a relative babe compared to our resident guard dog, and the fact that I reside in a country where "irons" would be a reference to our convict heritage I have not come across the term in my area of survey.

Under the Inquire menu (2011 ver) there is an Angle Info which I think should give the result. You can select points or a lines. I have been using Carlson since 2004 and I just discovered it about earlier this year and now find I use it regularly.
ColC

Postby Dent Cermak » Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:02 am

"Irons" as in:

All monuments, natural and artificial (man-made), found or set shall be shown and described on the survey plat. The monuments shall be noted as found or set. All monuments set shall be ferrous metal, or contain ferrous metal, not less than 1/2 inch in diameter, and not less than eighteen inches in length. All corners shall be monumented, either by a found monument clearly described on the survey plat, or by a monument set as described above, except however, a corner which falls in a creek, stream or ditch, in a gravel or asphalt road or upon solid rock, concrete or other like materials shall be marked in a permanent manner and clearly identified on the plat or witnessed by Witness Corners. Witness Corners shall be set whenever a corner monument cannot be set or is likely to be disturbed. Such witness corners shall be set as close as practical to the true corner and shall meet the same physical standards that would be required for the true corner were it set. If only one (1) witness corner is set, it must be set on the actual boundary line or prolongation thereof. Otherwise, at least two (2) witness corners shall be set and so noted on the plat of the survey. Courses that intersect a creek, stream, ditch or the center of a public road that is to be used as a boundary of the parcel being surveyed, should have witness corners set on the line intersecting same, and be clearly shown on the plat. Concrete right-of-way markers may be acceptable as monuments on all roadways, streets, and utility rights-of-way, and may be placed only at points where right-of-way width or direction change.

"Resident Guard dog"? You really don't want me to start "marking territory"!! How are things up in Canuckia? Getting any of this heat wave?
Dent Cermak

Postby ColC » Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:25 am

Thanks for that. We are never to old to learn, even some of us old dogs. Down under here, in Australia, our equivalent is a GIP or GIN (galv.iron pipe or Galv.iron Nail), MAS (masonry nail).

And no we aren't getting your heat wave, we are just getting through several weeks of rain. But the sun is shining bright today for the first time.

My reference to the guard dog was intended to be a compliment for your work on warding off all the nuisance post infiltrating "our territory".
ColC

Postby Ladyhawk21 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:32 am

thanks: as far as i know none of the surveyors i know use carlson- most use microstation TM or AC. some use the cogo packs. i will have to call around and check- but it would be nice to have someone close by- email support from carlson is nice to have but it is difficult to explain what i want to do in few words.

Renee
Ladyhawk21

Postby Dent Cermak » Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:39 pm

Renee, the best way to learn the software is to have someone sitting next to you as you go through a "I wonder what this button does" exercise. Someone that can take you step by step. The problem is that 99% of the guys that sell Carlson softwarte cannot do that.
Good luck on your hunt in finding someone close by. It's a pity that NONE of the bean counters understand the necessity or the returns from a competent training program.
Dent Cermak

Postby Ladyhawk21 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:42 pm

thats exactly what i would like to do- have TM open do a command- show me how to do this (or something similar in ac/carlson)

but of the 12 of us using it- my co worker and i already know more than all of them. just by playing around in the software=

i am sure i will be posting again soon looking for a solution to a problem
thanks for your help
Ladyhawk21

Previous

Return to Survey