F2F Question

Moderator: Carlson Support

F2F Question

Postby Clint S » Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:38 pm

I have a question that should be easy to answer.
I phoned tech support but got passed on to 2 people that couldn't help me.

It is simply getting f2f to plot my exact descriptor alongside the inserted block. I don't want a generic piece of text but want my field descriptors.

Specifically I have a field code definition TH to represent traverse hubs and in the ascii file I will have for example hubs TH1 to TH9. I just want these descriptors to show up beside the inserted hub symbol.

Should be easy but I have not been able to get anything to work.

Thanks in advance.
Clint S

Postby gskelhorn » Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:23 pm

Clint, unless I misunderstand what you are trying all you should need to do set "Use Raw Description" to Attribute Block or Both and make sure the attribute layout id is set to one that contains a description.
gskelhorn

Postby Dent Cermak » Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:13 pm

IF your point descriptor is set to "TH1", "TH2" etc., getting the label to come in as text should be no problem.
On your field to finish menu set up the code for the Traverse Hub as normal. Then set "Attribute format" to BOTH. Then click on the set button next to that setting. Put a check in the "DESCRIPTION" box and you should be on your way. Be sure to set the desired text style and font in the code setup box.
The trick is to have the field crew to put in the entire desired code in the descriptor line. if the put in just "TH", you will not get what you want.
Dent Cermak

Postby gskelhorn » Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:32 pm

You should be able to setup a code of TH in F2F and use TH1...TH9 in the collector. If you want the description as an attribute in a block set use raw description to attribute block and set Attribute Format to attribute block.

Gotta run... try it and ask for more details if needed.
gskelhorn

Postby Clint S » Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:42 pm

Yeah it's no go.

Could there be some other setting that is keeping the text from showing up?

Keep in mind PNTS, PNTNO, PNTELEV layers are all frozen as I am just showing linework some points and inserted symbols.
????
Clint S

Postby Dent Cermak » Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:47 pm

When you checked the "Description" box in the set-up, what layer did you specify for the text? Look closely at all of the settings on the Point Attributes as Text screen too. You may be missing a box.
Double check the attribute formatt settings. Be sure the descriptor for the points reads TH1 or whatever.
Dent Cermak

Postby Clint S » Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:22 pm

I set the Description to a discreet layer to make sure it wasn't just frozen.

Strange thing is I checked every box (pnt#, N, E, Elev and desc.) to see if something would show up but nothing did.

This is frustrating because I have to manually go around and annotate every point where I want a descriptor when it should just happen in the blink of an eye. :evil:
Clint S

Postby Dent Cermak » Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:26 pm

Something is rotten in Denmark. I sent you a PM just now. Get me the requested info and I will forward 2 pdf files of my settings.

Never mind.......See Below :shock:
Last edited by Dent Cermak on Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dent Cermak

Postby Dent Cermak » Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:47 pm

Your Initial page looks something like this?

AND the next level down looks like this??

Look VERY CAREFULLY at each setting, box and option.
Dent Cermak

Postby Nava Ran » Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:51 am

Try:
Points>Draw-Locate Points
Check on Descriptors
Check off Elevations & Point Numbers
Wildcard Descriptions Match>TH*
Draw All
Nava Ran

Return to Survey