Editting Curve & Line Tables

Moderator: Carlson Support

Postby Mark L » Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:49 am

I just upgraded from Carlson Survey 2004 to 2011 and I'm going through a learning curve. I have a few misc. questions.

I set up my stack label arc and it works fine but if I try to then use a curve table for the same curve my stack label info dissappears. How do I get this to stop ?

I also can't seem to figure out how to edit my actual curve or line table information. ???? The only way I could do it was to explode the table and then edit.

I also have another unrelated question. For reference I'm a much better field surveyor than cad drafter.

I do alot of new home construction in new communities and usually set my drawings up to 30 scale. Then I also set my paper space up to 30 scale as well. I notice a lot of more experienced (I'm guessing) drafters prefer using a 1:1 scale. Why ? What makes this more preferable than going to scale ?

Thanks in advance for your help
Mark L

Postby SurvTech31 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:29 pm

I set up my stack label arc and it works fine but if I try to then use a curve table for the same curve my stack label info dissappears. How do I get this to stop ?

Go to - Annotate --> Annotate Defaults, Under your "General" tab you will see a "Previous Labels" option. You can choose from erase, retain or prompt.

I also can't seem to figure out how to edit my actual curve or line table information. ???? The only way I could do it was to explode the table and then edit.

Go to - Annotate --> Line/Curve Table --> Table Defaults, towards the bottom left you will see a check box "Use Table Entity", uncheck this box. If you make line/curve tables now, the line/curve data can be edited using the "EDITXT" command.

I am using 2010, so hopefully they haven't move between 10 and 11.
SurvTech31

Postby Mark L » Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:12 am

SurvTech31,
Thanks for the help. All of that worked. Let me ask you a few more questions if you don't mind.

1) On stack label arc. If I choose to use the delta symbol, I am unable to edit the delta info. If I use the D instead of the symbol it edits just fine. Do you have a work around ? I am exploding the symbol and then editting.

2) At start up, my recent files don't list. It's set to 5. Any ideas ?

Thanks in advance.

Mark
Mark L

Postby SurvTech31 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:38 pm

Mark,
Not going to much help this time around I'm afraid. I have the same issue with my delta symbol. When it's called for, I usually just explode them also. One potential alternative is to insert a random symbol, %%p for +/- for example, in place of D. Then use the replace text command and replace it with "\U+0394" which is the code for the delta symbol. I have never had much luck with the replace text command though, so I would be careful. When I use it random lines of text just disappear.
As far as the recent files not showing up, I am not aware of what other commands or options would control that. Good luck.
SurvTech31

Return to Survey