Draw by point # redux

Moderator: Carlson Support

Draw by point # redux

Postby surveyordave » Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:34 pm

When I type "2dp" and "3dp" at the command prompt, the command works. When I use the pull-down, it does not work. Can the pull-down be modified to execute "2dp" instead of "pline"? I discovered an update in the knowedgebase suggesting downloading and replacing SURV.cui but there is no Surv.cui on my system. We are running Windows 7. Could that be the problem?
surveyordave

Postby Dent Cermak » Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:11 am

Absolutely. The .cui file is your menu settings. If you have pull downs, you have a cui file. Evidently yours is corrupt. The knowledge base is probably correct. It should tell you where to download the surv.cui file. Chances are REAL good that when you do that the program will tell you that file already exists and do you want to overwrite it. Do so and see if that fixes the problem.
CUI files can be customized, but are rather tricky. AGT has a training cd on using and customizing the CUI files if you want to get into all of that.
If you downloaded the latest build, I am surprised that did not fix the problem.
Last edited by Dent Cermak on Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dent Cermak

Postby surveyordave » Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:50 am

Thanks. I looked for surv.cui on my system but couldn.'t find it. found other *.cui files. Also, the installation instructions for surv.cui say to install it in the documents and settings folder (non-existent in Win7 i think). So, at this point, I've resigned myself to just typing it in. Ive even tried installing it in compatibility mode to no avail. But thanks for all your help.
surveyordave

Postby ColC » Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:17 am

With win 7, all the documents & settings files are in the AppData\Roaming|carlson.. folder. Look in the file path settings for the full address.
ColC

Return to Survey