New member..few questions..introduction

Moderator: Carlson Support

New member..few questions..introduction

Postby Bigcat » Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:53 pm

A couple guys and myself just started a construction survey company. I'm obviously the CAD Tech (among other things).

Is this a good resource to get questions answered? If I really need something fast I know to call the support number but figured general questions on speeding certain things up etc. maybe a message board would be best.

I ran 2006 CAD with CG for 3 years and AUtoCAD 2010 and 2011 for 3+ years. So I should be able to help others also with certain things.

Do a lot of people on this board (survey) use Carlson to calculate points for their field crews? Thats mainly what I will be using it for and it would be great to have a few people to talk with about share ideas.

My name is TIM BTW. Bigcat because I fish for big catfish.
Bigcat

Postby Dent Cermak » Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:50 pm

Welcome aboard. This site is MAINLY a peer to peer site. The Carlson guys drop in from time to time and usually ask you to send your question to them via Carlson Support. They do not monitor this site 24/7. Several users drop in from time to time and field whatever questions they can.
This is probably one of the two places to get your answers. The other is a site called BeerLeg.com (also known as Surveyor Connect.com.). There's also a spot available on theswamp.org, but that is mainly an AutoCad site.
I am the cartographic tech at my company in central Mississippi. Our PS's do the comps and use Carlson Survey for all of the points the crews need. We use Carlson Field on Panasonic Toughbooks as data collectors, so downloading the .CRD files for their use is no big deal. The COGO portion of Carlson Survey can handle all of your computation needs.
If you are anywhere near the Jackson, Ms area, I would be glad to get with you on any help you may need.
Be sure to look closely at all of the reasourses available on this site. The vast majority of you questions can be answered here via the Knowledge Base and the training movies. There's much more available on this site than most people realise.
I have been a cartographic tech since 1968, but I am still learning new stuff. I believe we can work out a deal for 1 cad tip for 1 cat fish fillet? Sounds like a winner to me!! :lol:
Dent Cermak

Postby Bigcat » Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:41 pm

I'm just north of Austin Tx. If you were closer I would get you all the catfish you wanted.

I'll just need to play with Carlson Survey a while. CAD was too easy LOL.. Time for a change.
Bigcat

Postby Dent Cermak » Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:51 pm

Austin!!?? You have a Carlson Collegemember right in your backyard!

http://www.carlsonds.com/index.php

This is Paul Carlson's company (no kin to the Carlson software people). He is the guy that we purchased all of our software from. He is one of the best trainers that I have yet to run across. I would strongly recommend that you use his company for future purchases and go to him for any questions you may have. For a VERY reasonable fee he will provide you with one of the best training classes that you will ever have. Plus i think he likes cat fish too.
Dent Cermak

Postby Pin Cushion » Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:05 pm

Carlson offers a 30 day trial... that should more than give you a good look at it and a go on your own prior to paying for help.
I was blind... but now I see with Carlson.
Pin Cushion

Return to Survey