turn off LTSCALE?

Moderator: Carlson Support

turn off LTSCALE?

Postby drwilson » Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:55 pm

Drawing setup keeps setting my LTSCALE which I want to remain at 1. I have "don't set LTSCALE in drawing setup" checked in my general settings. under drawing setup settings, I have "drawing setup source" set to use dwg template, & template LTS set to 1 but it keeps throwing an LTSCALE on the drawing.

How can I disable this?
drwilson

Postby site admin » Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:34 pm

This is a "user based" forum and not regularly monitored my Carlson Software.

If you have not receive a response on this forum, please copy your question along with the version of software you are running and any files (if necessary) and send it to support@carlsonsw.com so we can assist you.

Thank you.
Technical Support

Carlson Software
support@carlsonsw.com
606-564-5028
site admin
Site Admin

Postby tstrickland » Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:27 pm

I don't think this has been resolved.
FWIW, I always set ltscale to 1 everytime before plotting.
They seem to be more geared to the old-timey users that don't use paperspace.
It's been that way for at least ten years.
Terry Strickland
tstrickland

Postby site admin » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:13 pm

If you are using paperspace, the LTSCALE set by the Drawing Setup is correct for Model Space. The way to control this for Paper Space is to set PSLTSCALE (paper space ltscale) to 0 (zero) or off. This will give you the results you are looking for in Paper and allow you to see your linetypes in Model as well.
Technical Support

Carlson Software
support@carlsonsw.com
606-564-5028
site admin
Site Admin

Postby drwilson » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:40 pm

Thanks. I really want to keep LTSCALE, PSLTSCALE & MSLTSCALE all set to 1 if I can.

We have to provide base maps for Civil 3D & I have everyone in our company in four offices in the habit of working this way, plus, with the annotative scaling, it works pretty well and having come from C3D where the anno scale drives everything, we still have stuff in our drawings that is looking to that setting for scale. I can set it with acaddoc.lsp. I just figured when I checked off "set LTSCALE at drawing setup" it wouldn't change the template settings & it does.

BTW, I can't say enough about how much better Carlson is for survey than Civil 3D. It's like the fog has finaly cleared. It just works.... What a concept.
drwilson

Postby drwilson » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:45 pm

tstrickland wrote:I don't think this has been resolved.
FWIW, I always set ltscale to 1 everytime before plotting.
They seem to be more geared to the old-timey users that don't use paperspace.
It's been that way for at least ten years.

Thanks Terry, I've used Land Desktop, Civil 3D & now Carlson. While I think Carlson is by far the best software for survey, there are bits and pieces of all of them I like.

Being able to set that ANNOSCALE at the bottom in MS and have it drive all your scale settings is something I like.
drwilson

Postby R Stillwell » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:45 pm

Under Drawing Setup change your LTSCALE to 0 and it will stay set to 1 regardless of what you set the drawing scale to.
R Stillwell

Postby drwilson » Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:12 pm

R Stillwell wrote:Under Drawing Setup change your LTSCALE to 0 and it will stay set to 1 regardless of what you set the drawing scale to.

That did the trick. Thanks!
drwilson

Postby site admin » Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:30 pm

you would actually want to go to Settings>Carlson Configure>Drawing Setup and set this up so it hold for future drawings as well.
Technical Support

Carlson Software
support@carlsonsw.com
606-564-5028
site admin
Site Admin

Postby drwilson » Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:34 pm

What I've been doing is opening the dwt file that I have created for Carlson & then doing what you've suggested. Then I save my CFG file out.

Then I copy the dwt & settings around to the different offices/servers & send an email out for all to import settings.

Is that the best way for multiple users/offices? It took me a while to figure out what was in the template vs. CFG. I'm still a little fuzzy on that but... it's coming.
drwilson

Return to Survey