POINTS LIST ORDER

Moderator: Carlson Support

POINTS LIST ORDER

Postby TBAR » Thu May 24, 2012 8:37 pm

New member to this forum but have used it in the past for some great info.

I have done some searching on this forum the past few hours trying to find one thing. Having no luck in the search I am now here asking a question.

What I am looking for is some way to list points in the order they appear along a centerline of an easement. At the moment I can only list them in numerical order but it would make life much easier if I could list them in order on line. If possible could someone here point me in the direction I need to go to accomplish this goal?

Carlson Survey 2012 w/AutoCAD 2012

Thanks,
Dave
TBAR

Postby gskelhorn » Sat May 26, 2012 12:12 am

Dave,

I would use CALCOFF (Menu: Centerline | Calculate Offsets) to list points with a station/offset value then sort by station.

You can pick a polyline, use a defined centerline file or even just use screen picked points if you are only interested in using the station for the presentation order and not a real station value.

Choose to sort the report by stations...

OR

Turn on the option to use the report formatter and play around.

You might want to choose to use the "100" format for stationing if you don't like the "+" in the string.

Within the report formatter choose the fields you want to see and be sure to add the station field.

You can specify to use the station for sorting and set the point# to "Hold" which means to ignore in the sorting.

You can output to file or just view on-screen.

Hope it is helpful...
gskelhorn

Return to Survey