Carlson Survey 2007 32-bit on Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

Moderator: Carlson Support

Carlson Survey 2007 32-bit on Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

Postby byrnassoc » Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:34 pm

When run as a standard user, Carlson will load, but will all functionality. Even standard commands like "l" for line, aren't recognized. We tried running Carlson as an Administrator and it seems to be working now. However for our technicians, they shouldn't have to do that extra step every time, is there a fix in the works for this? Is there another, simpler way of running Carlson correctly in Windows 7?

Thanks!
byrnassoc

Postby Dent Cermak » Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:16 pm

The problem may be the 32 bit vs 64 bit part. 2007 products are iffy at best on 64 bit platforms.
I really would not hold my breath waiting on Carlson to put out a fix on a 2007 product. I do not think they will do that. Not many companies put out updates or fixes on 6 year old products.
If I were going to a 64 bit operating system, the FIRST thing I would do would be update to the latest version of my software in 64 bit mode to insure a problem free environment.
Staying with the older software is economically feasable, but putting it on a 64 bit system simply creates compatability problems and work-arounds will become the norm.
I run Carlson Survey 2010 on Windows 7 Ultimate (32 bit) and have no problems at all.
Dent Cermak

Return to Survey