Points grouped in 2012?

Moderator: Carlson Support

Points grouped in 2012?

Postby drwilson » Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:40 pm

I've noticed in 2012, my points come in grouped. as in autocad groups, not point groups. confusing, I know.

Anyway, it doesn't seem to be a problem. I was sorta hoping it would enable me to drag point labels out by the grip as I did in LDD but not so. I liked that.

does anyone know where the setting is that controls this? and/or what the purpose for it is?

only advantage I can see is that you can move the autocad point & block as a single entity.
drwilson

Postby gskelhorn » Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:43 pm

I don't have the embedded version but check menu:

Settings | Carlson Configure

and choose General Settings. There is a toggle for Group Point Entities under the Object Linking section. Clear the check box to prevent grouping the point entities.

Hope it helps.
gskelhorn

Postby drwilson » Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:19 pm

Yes, that prevents it from creating a group but it seperates everything.

Not a big deal. I was hoping to find some settings somewhere & see if there were any options.

I don't really have a problem with them being grouped. I wish I could somehow make it to where it grouped the label & allowed you to drag it by the grip & automatically put a leader on.
drwilson

Postby gskelhorn » Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:08 pm

Ah, gotcha... I'm no help to you then. I assume you already use the Move Point Attributes with Leader from the Points menu and are looking for something more automated? (I have never used LDD)
gskelhorn

Postby site admin » Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:55 pm

drwilson

try setting GROUPDISPLAYMODE (type at commandline) to 0 (zero)... If this doesn't get you going, please copy your original posts and send them to support@carlsonsw.com

Thank you.
Technical Support

Carlson Software
support@carlsonsw.com
606-564-5028
site admin
Site Admin

Postby JDickson » Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:55 am

You can turn groups off and on with Ctrl+Shift+A in Autocad. Turn them off and move the attributes as needed. If your doing something that would be easier with the groups turned on it's a simple 3 fingers with the left hand to turn the groups back on. It's no different than using ortho on or off. It's all about the right tool at the right time.

FYI, I saw your post on using real elevations, but didn't see any comments about using a secondary layer when running F2F. It's simple, easy and gives you the best of both worlds. Let me know if you need any help.
John Dickson
JDickson

Postby Dent Cermak » Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:49 pm

drwilson wrote:Yes, that prevents it from creating a group but it seperates everything.

Not a big deal. I was hoping to find some settings somewhere & see if there were any options.

I don't really have a problem with them being grouped. I wish I could somehow make it to where it grouped the label & allowed you to drag it by the grip & automatically put a leader on.

OK, Evidently I am missing something here. In Carlson the point attributes come in as a point block with the attributes on separate layers. You can explode the point blocks to separate attributes and do whatever with the text.
To move the point block and create a leader from the point to the attributes, go to "POINTS", them down to " Move point attributes with leader".
Dent Cermak

Return to Survey