opening autocad 2000 version w/ points

Moderator: Carlson Support

opening autocad 2000 version w/ points

Postby odak » Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:21 pm

I am currently using Carlson Survey embedded w/ autocad 2010. Why is it that when I open an older version dwg., that the points are unusable? They come in as ACAD_PROXY_ENTITY
odak

Postby Dent Cermak » Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:26 pm

Are those older drawings created in regular AutoCAD and the points are all in your drawing when you open it? If so, they are AutoCAD point blocks and you need to go under the POINTS pulldown and convert them to Carlson points. Be sure to save the resulting points to a new *.crd file for future use.
Dent Cermak

Postby odak » Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:14 pm

Yes the dwg. was created in AUTOCAD. The points are sofdesk points, but when I try to covert sofdesk to Carlsons it picks the points I enter and it just goes back to the command line. Ithen update my CRD file and it says it is empty.
odak

Postby Dent Cermak » Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:48 pm

Try the "Update crd file from drawing." Evidently it is converting the points and you then have to update the crd file from the drawing. Carlson tends to do things one step at a time in real time.
Dent Cermak

Postby odak » Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:58 pm

Did that, the points just are not seen as points.
odak

Postby Dent Cermak » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:51 pm

Hmmmmm. I hate when that happens. This is one time that you may need to get on the horn to the Carlson support folks.
I have a feeling that the problem may be in your software. Perhaps loading the latest build of Survey 2010 from the Carlson site will fix the problem. If you have never done that before, there is a "step bystep" in this discussion group. It sounds alittle scary, but it does work. Give that a shot and see if that fixes the problem.
That's the only 2 options I can think of.
OR, see if whoever did the drawings happened to keep a *.TXT file of the coordinates. You can always load that up and be on your way. Surely they did not just save the points in the drawing.
Dent Cermak

Postby odak » Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:02 pm

Thanks, I'll try. I'll let u know what the problem was.
odak

Return to Survey