LABANG

Moderator: Carlson Support

LABANG

Postby T Shields » Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:05 pm

Trying to use the LABANG command I recieve the following error message:

Command: labang

Define angle by [Options/Points/<select line or polyline>]:
Select adjoining line or polyline:
c:\program files (x86)\carlson software\carlson survey 2013\lsp\cogoutil.arx cannot find a dll or other file that it needs.

Unable to load C:\PROGRAM FILES (X86)\CARLSON SOFTWARE\CARLSON SURVEY 2013\LSP\COGOUTIL.ARX
no function definition: CF:COGOUTIL :error#93

I am running a newly installed version of Carlson 2013 on a computer running Windows 7
T Shields

Re: LABANG

Postby Dent Cermak » Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:06 pm

Looks like a file has gotten corrupted. You can try reinstalling the software to see if that fixes the problem.
In the mean time, instead of using the annotate pulldown, type DIM on the command line. Enter. Then type ANG and follow the prompts.
Dent Cermak

Postby T Shields » Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:05 pm

Thanks Dent.

It does seem that a file has been corrupted, and on multiple machines.

And yes I am aware that I can DIM the angle, but I like the LABANG option. And if its a built in feature it should work.

Tech Support is working on this, if i get a resolution I will post to help anyone else who may be experiencing the same issue.
T Shields

Postby Dent Cermak » Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:11 pm

Did you load the softwarefrom the software dvd? Sometimes you do get a bad disk.
If this is the case you will need to use the current copy on this site under Downloads if you have to do a reinstall. It'll be like loading the latest build anyway. That copy should be fine and SHOULD fix your problems.
Dent Cermak

Postby T Shields » Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:09 pm

I was running a "demo" version. We then purchased the the liscence for the program and just entered the new serial number. We have several machines in our office that we have done new installs from the disc and on those machines the function works. So, it seems that the issue is with the upgrade to the "demo"....
T Shields

Postby Dent Cermak » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:52 pm

Those "demo" discs often have burps in them. Looks like you may need to download the latest build from this web site and install it. (That version has been tested generally.) It's a bit of a pain to do a "Do Over", but it's not too bad.
Dent Cermak

Postby T Shields » Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:56 pm

Reinstalled from our "in house" disc and everything is good. I hadn't found and other glitches with the upgraded demo version but the reinstall certainly fixed it.

Thanks for your input.
T Shields

Return to Survey