save before upgrade?

Moderator: Carlson Support

save before upgrade?

Postby Streek » Tue May 21, 2013 6:04 pm

carlson 2013 w/embedded ACAD

I just received an update, how can I save my customized toolbar before I install the update?

TIA
Streek

Re: save before upgrade?

Postby SurvTech31 » Fri May 24, 2013 1:56 pm

Type cui in your command line to bring up your 'Customize User Interface'. Hit the > arrow next to the help button to expand the window (if not already expanded). At the top switch to the "Transfer" Tab. There is a pull down menu where it says "Main Customization File (surv.cuix)"... open the pull down menu and select 'save as' and save the file to a location and file name you will remember.

After you have installed the updated version, type cui again to open the Customize User Interface and again select the transfer tab. In the pull down menu (on the right) that says "New File"... use the pull down and select the cuix file you saved earlier. You can then expand the "Toolbars" menu from your saved cuix to show all the toolbars you had previously. Right click on a toolbar you want to bring to your new version and select copy. Right click on the "Toolbars" menu under the "Main Customization File (surv.cuix)" and paste. It will bring up a menu about if you want to replace all items, etc if there is a toolbar with the same name. Hit apply / ok and you should be set.

Not sure if this is the best or only option, but it works. If you assigned any custom images to the commands, they may have to be reassigned, but the commands should be there. Hope this helps.
SurvTech31

Return to Survey