converting to crd

Moderator: Carlson Support

converting to crd

Postby D. Murdock » Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:18 pm

I added a few points to a dwg that was already numbered with carlson points. I wanted to save over and replace the current crd file with the new one with the new points added in. Whe I opened the crd file it only showed the new points that I had just added when. How can I add new points to an existing dwg and replace it with a new crd file?
D. Murdock

Postby Dent Cermak » Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:55 pm

Were the points "already in the drawing" added to your coordinate file? If you are given only a drawing file that has carlson points already in it, but are given no .crd or .txt. file for those coordinates, they do not exist as far as the software is concerned.
What you need to do is open your coordinate file (set it current) and then under point utilities click on update crd file from drawing and window all of the points that you were given. Now your new coordinate file should have all of the points.
Dent Cermak

Postby mathewines » Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:30 am

You can not convert Corel Draw to another format with *any* MS Office
application.You need to open the file in Corel Draw and "save as" to another format or purchase a utility designed to change formats of Corel Draw files.
mathewines

Postby Dent Cermak » Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:34 pm

Corel Draw??? Where did that come from? :shock: This is a TOTALLY different *.crd file. Has nothing to do with Corel Draw.
Dent Cermak

Return to Carlson Survey Desktop