export horizontal alignments to trimble survey controller

Moderator: Carlson Support

export horizontal alignments to trimble survey controller

Postby pquappe » Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:54 am

Is there a preferred method of exporting a horizontal alignment to Trimble survey controller. I currently convert centerline to DC file. Then use trimble data transfer to transfer to collector and it creates a rxl file which works fine if the curves are tangent because the transfer program makes the alignments perfect geometrically. It uses the radius size and length and places the end of the arc based the arc being tangent and does not use the coordinates for the end of arc( thereby moving the end point). Is there any other ways to get an alignment out of Carlson (civil suite 2014 on autocad 2014) into survey controller and have it hold the true alignment?
pquappe

Re: export horizontal alignments to trimble survey controlle

Postby gskelhorn » Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:42 pm

I see this post is quite old so you may have discovered what you need already but...

I create the RoadXML file directly using menu File | Export | RoadXML file (being command roadxml_export). I use the "Selected Data Files" option. Generally when I do this I am only interested in staking finished grade on centreline and it has been working well for that.

Hope it helps.
gskelhorn

Re: export horizontal alignments to trimble survey controlle

Postby mrgpsman » Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:04 am

In Carlson Civil, create a .cl file and a .pro file. For the .pro file use "road" as the profile type. (Generic won't work). Create a landXML file and select the .cl first and then the .pro. Import this file into Trimble Business Center and it should come in as an alignment with hal and val already defined. Calc your offsets by building a corridor in Business Center.
mrgpsman

Return to Civil