Point Blocks Attributes

Moderator: Carlson Support

Point Blocks Attributes

Postby Sir Veyors » Fri Feb 25, 2022 10:44 pm

I just upgraded to carlson 2022. My points have blocks around the attributes, when selected have different grips to scale or rotate. Is there a way to turn this off? I used to be able to use a grip to move the point attributes which I can no longer do. I think the dynamic display is for all my blocks, which wasn't the case on carlson 2020.
Sir Veyors

Re: Point Blocks Attributes

Postby gskelhorn » Thu Mar 03, 2022 11:08 am

Sir Veyors wrote:I just upgraded to carlson 2022. My points have blocks around the attributes, when selected have different grips to scale or rotate. Is there a way to turn this off? I used to be able to use a grip to move the point attributes which I can no longer do. I think the dynamic display is for all my blocks, which wasn't the case on carlson 2020.

Yeah, I needed to reset that also... Try setting GROUPDISPLAYMODE=0 and GRIPBLOCK=1

I found these in the Intellicad Help file:

GROUPDISPLAYMODE
Determines how grips display when a group is selected. This system variable works only when the GRIPS system variable is turned on and group selection is enabled (the PICKSTYLE system variable is set to 1 or 3).

0 = Displays grips on each entity in the selected group.
1 = Displays a single grip at the center point of the group.
2 = Displays a single grip at the center point and a bounding box around the group.
3 = Displays a set of advanced grips to move, rotate and scale the entire group. The color of the frame that displays with advanced group grips is determined by the GROUPFRAMECOLOR system variable.

GRIPBLOCK
Determines how grips display when a block is selected. This system variable works only if the GRIPS system variable is turned on.

0 = Displays a single grip at the insertion point of the block.
1 = Displays grips for each entity within the block.
2 = Displays a set of advanced grips to scale (either uniformly or non-uniformly), rotate and move the block. The color of the frame that displays with advanced block grips is determined by the BLOCKFRAMECOLOR system variable.
gskelhorn

Postby Sir Veyors » Thu Mar 03, 2022 2:30 pm

Thanks! That solved my issue. I still can't use the grip to move my point attributes, but I'm guessing that I need to take a look at how point settings are configured.
Sir Veyors

Postby gskelhorn » Fri Mar 04, 2022 9:51 am

Sir Veyors wrote:I still can't use the grip to move my point attributes, but I'm guessing that I need to take a look at how point settings are configured.

Possibly... I am able to move the attribute with the grips. Maybe try with GRIPBLOCK=0 also and PICKSTYLE=1 or 3
gskelhorn

Postby Sir Veyors » Sat Mar 05, 2022 12:16 pm

It's a mystery to me why the attributes don't move from the grips. I looked at all my settings and compared to my 2020 as nothing stands out. The grip itself moves but the attribute stays in place. For now I will just use the move point attribute command although much less convenient.
Sir Veyors

Postby gskelhorn » Sat Mar 05, 2022 2:06 pm

Sir Veyors wrote:The grip itself moves but the attribute stays in place.

That does seem strange. I have had a couple of graphical update issued where I move text entities using personal lisp routines. The text did not appear in the new position until I moved it a very small amount again. Seems like a different issue.

I've had very good experience solving odd things like that by emailing support@carlsonsw.com
gskelhorn

Return to Survey