Google Earth

Moderator: Carlson Support

Google Earth

Postby monksjm » Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:32 pm

One of my users is trying to import a Google Earth image from Google Earth pro and she's getting an error telling her she needs to confirm that Google earth is <= Google Earth Version 5.2. Everyone else is able to do this. I've uninstalled and reinstalled her Carlson. And it's just not working. She's using Carlson 2014 on 2014 Autocad Map, with the latest build. I've also tried it on Carlson 2016 on top of Autocad Map 2016. Same error. What is the deal?
Shaun Morrison
Civil Designer/Drafter
Sevee & Maher Engineers, Inc.
Cumberland, Maine
monksjm

Re: Google Earth

Postby drwilson » Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:02 pm

Any fix for this? I'm experiencing the exact same thing. It's asking for that version or older. I can't find that old a version of GE pro & it works fine on my computer with the same version of GE but not another computer. Carlson 2017.
drwilson

Postby Joker21ID » Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:45 pm

Try this....Check to see if you are running the new 64 bit version of Google Earth Pro (updated automatically). If so, uninstall it and install the 32 bit version.

Here's a link to the 32 bit download: https://dl.google.com/dl/earth/client/advanced/current/googleearthprowin-7.3.1.exe
Joker21ID

Postby civilengineer » Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:15 pm

I am running Carlson 2016.

This is the Advice I got from CARLSON support about a year ago.

"In the meantime, try manually opening Google Earth BEFORE running the image routine. If this doesn't work, you can uninstall your current version of GE and install the 6.2 version - be sure to click on “advanced setup” on that page (below the license window), then click on “direct installers page” and select version 6.2.

https://www.google.com/earth/download/ge/agree.html "

I still get the error message sometimes if I just run the Google_image command. However, I have been pretty successful as long as I manually open Google Earth first and as an administrator. So I right click on the Google Earth icon and select "Run as Administrator". I make sure Google Earth doesn't have any error messages or notifications. Then I invoke the Google_image command in carlson. Everything goes pretty smooth from there for me.

That being said I do get a notification that Google Earth will quit supporting GE versions 5 and 6. Does anyone know if Carlson will issue a patch to be able to continue to use the Google Earth command in 2016?
civilengineer

Return to GIS